- The strategic goal of the Migration Institute of Finland is to carry out high-quality and ethically sound research. When necessary, our research projects will undergo an ethical advance assessment conducted in cooperation with the University of Turku.
We are committed to observing the guidelines of Finnish National Board on Research Integrity (TENK) that include the following:
- Responsible conduct of research and procedures for handling allegations of misconduct in Finland. Guidelines of the Finnish Advisory Board on Research Integrity 2012
- Agreeing on authorship. Recommendation for research publications 2018
- The Responsible Research website provides guidance for good practices in research ethics and science communication in Finland.
- Science Communication Recommendations 2018
In addition, we are committed to the open-science principles, i.e. if possible, our publications are available free of charge, our research processes are documented and our research materials are openly available for use by other researchers. Further information on the open-science principles can be found at the Open Science website.