The Migration Institute’s strategy 2021–2023
- To study the interaction between migration and society.
- To produce, gather, record and make available materials related to migration flows.
- To actively participate in migration-related and research-based societal discussion and influencing.
- To be the most recognised and esteemed migration-flow research and memory organisation nationwide.
- To conduct nationally and internationally significant migration research.
- To be the central actor and innovator of expatriate Finn research and documentation.
- To undertake new initiatives and make scientific breakthroughs.
- To develop research activities with a multidisciplinary and multimethodological approach.
- To increase the digital accessibility of our materials and services.
- To deepen and broaden our cooperation with key parties.
- To produce research data as a basis for decision making.
- To communicate in a versatile and accessible way, utilizing new ways of communication.
- To diversify our Foundation’s fundraising and external research funding.
- Transparency and openness
The Migration Institute of Finland is the only institute in Finland specialising in both the research and documentation of migration flows. Our special task involves documenting the life of Finns…Read more
Research conducted by the Migration Institute of Finland focuses on migration flows and their impacts. We study both present and past migration flows. The special task of the Migration Institute…Read more
The Migration Institute of Finland publishes research on migration flows and their impacts and other publications related to the subject area. The publications are available in digital format…Read more
The Migration Institute of Finland holds diverse materials related to migration flows, a significant portion of which concern Finns living abroad. Some of the materials are available in a…Read more